Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My day for today

Today was an excellent day, me and my little one tended my lil garden. Smyrna had excellent weather good swimming weather.. I got 30 minutes of pool exercising in. and 30 minutes of yoga already. Yoga I love it I feel such an inner peace.. for breakfast I consumed this delishhhh juice mm-mmm 

I only buy organic fruits and veggies however do not let this stop you buy whatever you can but some fruits need to be peeled if not organic.

Morning Sunrise
1 grapefruit peeled
1 orange peeled
 Folk tales say the white pithy part of these fruits help burn excess fat.. this makes 8oz in my juicer and its helps me relax before i start my day.. I sip it reading the news in the am.

I then ate my breakfast couples hours later when everyone was up and about the house
Morning Energizer
1/2 apple 
5 medium carrots tops removed
1/2 small beet with leaves and stems
1/2 lemon, peeled if not organic
1/2inch piece of ginger root

Juice it all, its a nice energizing drink makes 12 oz in my juicer

My CHOCOLATE FIX remember I love all things chocolate LOL
Chocolate Milk Green Juice
1/2 bunch Spinach
i toss a few leaves in maybe 6-7 Romaine
4-5 Carrots
This is an estimate I cannot really explain how much I put exactly I taste as I juice and when it tastes like chocolate milk I stop adding carrots.. its yummy not as thick as chocolate milk but it fools my taste buds..this is my favorite juice I totally love it, yummmy. I make enough to fill a glass

This is another favorite juice I enjoy, it has a fresh clean taste i really enjoy
1/2 cucumber peeled if not organic
1/2 apple
4-5 carrots
1 small handful parsley
1/2 lemon peeled if not organic
a bit of ginger root
Sometimes i add a tad of ginger root to taste if i feel up to it, I really don't like the gingery taste very much.. Juice all makes almost 12 oz in my juicer

In between when I feel I want to eat I drink rejuvelac and sip Organic green tea they have a mango spice and a pineapple mango I really enjoy. I love sugar and i can drink these teas with no sweetener at all.

How to make Rejuvelac I make the sprouted recipe also make sure you use chlorine free water or it will spoil..
1cup wheat berry to 2 quarts water


  • Rinse wheat in water to remove dust
  • soak the grain over night in filtered water, cover the jar with a papertowl and fasten with a rubber band to keep insects out. lay the jar on its side to drain allowing the wheat to sprout for 1-3 days or until the roots are 1-3mm long. Rinse to prevent the grains from drying out, and to remove potentially harmful organisms. In hot weather you may need to rince 4-5 times a day
  • Fill the jar with water and ferment the culture for 1-2 days or until it has gone milky eith a layer of froth. I ferment 24 hours and than ferment the sprouts again for 48 hours. I don't ferment longer because i dont like the taste if fermented longer 
Wheat berry is not gluten free for gluten free use Quinoa, quinoa also sprouts faster in about 24 hours. Also try Rye which is a good alternative to wheat berry.
Quinoa recipe 1/4c quinoa to 1 gallon of water
Rinse and than soak for 12 hours rinse 2-3 times once grain sprouts add clean water and ferment 24 hours cover with a papertowel and rubber band to keep insects out


Sprouted grain I use twice than I make bread out of the grain..


Night time I think I'll drink some more of that choco green juice and a nice homemade V-8.. i alaways juice on fasts when ever i am hungry i juice juice juice...

No comments:

Post a Comment